Teams consist of four (4) youth hunters (15 and under).
$500 per team
The Youth Open will take place on Saturday, February 4, which is designated for Youth Only by Arkansas Game & Fish Commission.
Per AGFC: “On these days, youths 15 and younger may harvest ducks, geese, coots and mergansers. Youths who have not completed a hunter education course must be accompanied by a mentor 21 or older. Mentors may not hunt, but may call waterfowl. Shooting hours and bag limits are the same as the regular duck and goose seasons. Youth hunters can hunt on wildlife management areas 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset these two days. WMA General Use Permits are not required for y outh hunters.”
The hunt is an open-style event – you may hunt any ground available to you, including WMAs. There are a limited number of hosts available for teams that wish to participate that do not have ground to hunt. Please reach out to Rhonda Parker at Rhonda.Parker@bmhcc.org if your team needs to be paired with a landowner.
2023 Youth Open Prizes:
1st Place Team – 4 Lifetime Hunting Licenses from Arkansas Game & Fish
2nd Place Team – $250 DNW Outdoors Gift Card per youth hunter
3rd Place Team – $125 DNW Outdoors Gift Card per youth hunter
All participants will receive a Duck Classic Youth Open goody bag!
Rules and Scoring will mimic Duck Classic and are noted below:
– All Arkansas Game and Fish Limits, Rules and Regulations Apply.
– All ducks must be retrieved, counted and checked; 100% fair chase
– All ducks harvested will be segregated by species and drakes/hens, and scored as follows: Each species, including drakes and hens, will be displayed on Score Board
– Dice roll will determine scoring for each species/sex (a random person from the audience will be chosen from the audience to roll)
-Team scores are then determined by birds “in the bag” multiplied by the individual values for each species and sex, and then totaled
-The team with the most points will be awarded as the winner
– In the event of a tie, the team with the earliest recorded call-in time will be named the winner
– Teams MUST call in by 12:00pm and check-in with ducks no later than 1:00pm. Ducks may be called in to Ty Jones at 870.761.5895.
– Dice Roll will begin at 1:15pm
– Check-In, Lunch and Awards ceremony will be held at DNW Outdoors, 1711 E. Parker Road.